This spicy Chipotle Vegan Soup is the perfect way to warm up on a cold night. It’s packed with flavor and has a nice kick from the Chipotle chilies.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (7 ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cumin and oregano and cook for 1 minute more.
Add the tomatoes, beans, broth, chipotle chiles and cilantro. Simmer for 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.