This delicious and easy-to-make chicken with olives recipe is packed full of flavour. The combination of juicy chicken and salty olives makes for a fantastic meal that you can enjoy with your family.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
< li>Add the onion to the skillet and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, oregano, and thyme and cook for 1 minute more. li >< li >Add the wine to the skillet and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Simmer until reduced by half. li >< li >Add the broth and lemon juice to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes. Return the chicken to the pan and stir in the olives. li >< li >Simmer until the sauce has thickened slightly and the chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes more. li >< li >Serve hot with cooked rice or pasta. li >