This dish combines the sweet and sour flavors of chicken with dried figs and fresh mangoes. It is a perfect combination of flavors that will tantalize your taste buds.
- 1 chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup dried figs, chopped
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken cubes and cook until they are golden brown on all sides.
- Add the onion, garlic, and bell pepper to the skillet. Cook for 3-4 minutes until vegetables are softened.
- Stir in the white wine, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the figs and mango to the skillet. Simmer for 5 minutes until liquid is reduced.