This dish combines the sweetness of clementines with the savory flavor of chicken, all served over a bed of creamy mashed potatoes. It’s a comforting meal that will remind you of your grandmother’s cooking.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 clementines, peeled and cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Place chicken breasts in a baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Pour over chicken.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and top with clementine wedges. Return to oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
For the mashed potatoes:
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook for 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain potatoes and return to pot. Add butter and milk and mash until desired consistency is reached.