This Chicken Tajine with Olives & Candied Onions is a traditional Moroccan dish that is full of amazing flavors. It’s easy enough to make yet tastes like it came from a restaurant. The combination of the sweet, savory and tart flavors makes this dish really stand out.
- 4 chicken thighs, cut into cubes
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup green olives
- 1/2 cup candied onions (optional)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken cubes and cook for 5 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add the diced onion, garlic, cumin, paprika, turmeric, salt and pepper. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes until the onions are softened.
- Stir in the olives and candied onions (if using). Cover the skillet and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 10-15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.Serve warm with couscous or rice.