This delicious Indian-inspired dish makes a great centerpiece for a special meal. Start by marinating chicken in a mixture of spices, then skewer it and cook over the grill or under the broiler. Serve with steamed basmati rice and warm naan bread.
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, garam masala, coriander, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper. Add chicken and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Thread chicken onto skewers and brush with olive oil. Grill until chicken is cooked through and golden brown, about 8 minutes per side.
Serve immediately with steamed basmati rice and warm naan bread.