Celebrate Nauru National Day with this delicious combination of chicken, lemon, and coconut. This dish is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters.
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) grated fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) ground cinnamon
- Salt and freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- In a large bowl, combine the lemon juice, coconut milk, olive oil, garlic, ginger, cumin, turmeric and cinnamon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken cubes and mix until well coated.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat a grill or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Grill or pan-fry the chicken cubes for 8 to 10 minutes, or until cooked through.