This curry dish with poppy seeds is the perfect way to spice up your dinner. With savory chicken fillets, fragrant spices and a hint of sweetness, it will make a great meal for any occasion.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon of garlic, minced
- 3 teaspoons of curry powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of tomato paste
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of poppy seeds
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips li>
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the curry powder, ginger, cumin, turmeric and cinnamon and cook for 1 minute more. Stir in the tomato paste and chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add the honey and poppy seeds and stir to combine. Add the chicken strips to the skillet and cook for 8-10 minutes or until cooked through.