This delicious chicken curry recipe is a family favorite! It’s easy to make and sure to tantalize your taste buds.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can coconut milk
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cumin, coriander, garam masala, turmeric, and cayenne pepper (if using). Add the chicken cubes and cook until lightly browned on all sides, about 8 minutes.
Add the diced tomatoes and coconut milk to the skillet. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes or until sauce has thickened slightly. Serve over cooked rice or with naan bread.