This traditional chicken curry with mushrooms from the Indian Ocean island of Réunion is delicious, spicy and easy to make. It’s a great way to add some flavor to your weekly menu. If you’re looking for vegetarian options, check out these easy tofu recipes Indian.
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder (or more if desired)
- 2 cups of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can of coconut milk
- In a large skillet or pot over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Add the onions and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and spices (turmeric, cumin, coriander and chili powder). Cook for another minute or two until fragrant.
- Add the chicken cubes and cook until lightly browned. Add the mushrooms and cook for an additional 5 minutes.