This delicious and easy-to-make chicken curry with pumpkin and peas is the perfect dish for a cozy evening. The combination of pumpkin, peas, and curry create a unique flavor that everyone will love.
- 1 lb boneless chicken thighs, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes, with juices
- 3 cups cubed pumpkin (about half of a small pumpkin)
- 1 cup frozen peas
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the chicken cubes and cook until lightly browned, about 8 minutes.
3. Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the curry powder, cumin, ginger, turmeric, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper (if using) to the pan and stir to combine.
5. Pour in the diced tomatoes with their juices and stir.
6. Add the cubed pumpkin and stir to combine.
7. Cover the pan with a lid and simmer until the pumpkin is tender and the sauce has thickened, about 15 minutes.
8. Stir in the frozen peas and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
9. Serve hot over rice or couscous.