This recipe is a great alternative to the classic roasted chicken. For this dish, we will be cooking the chicken in a delicious sauce made with white wine, mushrooms and herbs.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened and fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and thyme and season with salt and pepper. Cook for another 3 minutes until the mushrooms are softened.
- Pour in the white wine and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5-8 minutes until the liquid has reduced by half.
- Add the chicken breasts to the pan and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve hot with your favorite side dishes.