This hearty chicken and rice soup is perfect for a cold winter’s day. The combination of tender chicken, fragrant herbs, and creamy rice makes this soup truly comforting.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, rice, thyme, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the shredded chicken and season with salt and pepper. Simmer for an additional 10 minutes or until the rice is tender.