This dish is a classic combination of classic flavors. Chicken and carrots are simmered in a creamy mustard sauce for an easy, comforting dinner. Serve it over rice or mashed potatoes for a filling meal.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 3 cups carrots, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until lightly browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the carrots to the pan and cook until lightly browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In a bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the flour and chicken broth until smooth. Add to the skillet, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Add the cream and mustard to the sauce, stirring to combine.
- Return the chicken and carrots to the pan. Simmer for 10 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste before serving.