This Chestnut, Prune and Port Stuffing recipe is a great way to use up leftovers in your fridge. It is easy to make and you can use any type of nuts or fruit that you have available. The combination of chestnuts, prunes and port makes this stuffing truly special.
- 1 cup chestnuts (chopped)
- 1/2 cup dried prunes (chopped)
- 1/4 cup port
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the onions and garlic and cook until the onions are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chestnuts, prunes and port. Cook until the liquid has reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.