This recipe will make a delicious appetizer or side dish. You can serve it as part of a tapas-style meal or with your favorite main course. The sweet and savory caramelized cherry tomatoes look like little Christmas balls and make a great presentation.
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 375F. Arrange the cherry tomatoes on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with the brown sugar. Roast for about 20 minutes until the tomatoes are softened and lightly caramelized. Take out of the oven, season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.