This delicious Charlotte cake is a twist on the classic Italian tiramisu. It’s a delectable combination of ladyfingers, creamy mascarpone custard, espresso syrup and cocoa powder.
For the cake:
- 1/2 cup strong espresso
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 10 ounces ladyfingers
For the cream filling:
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- In a small saucepan, heat the espresso and sugar until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cocoa powder and cinnamon.
- Arrange half of the ladyfingers in the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan.
- Pour half of the espresso syrup over the ladyfingers.
- In a bowl, whisk together the mascarpone cheese, heavy cream, egg yolks and sugar until light and fluffy.