This canette à l’orange is a classic French dish that is perfect for a romantic evening. It is easy to make and the flavors of orange, garlic, and herbs combine to create a delicious meal.
- 1 whole chicken
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, orange juice, garlic, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Rub the mixture over the entire chicken and place in a roasting pan.
- Roast in preheated oven for 1 hour or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.