This Bûche de Noël roulée aux fruits is the perfect festive dessert for your winter holidays. It is a light and delicious treat that can be enjoyed by everyone. The buttery sponge cake is filled with a sweet and tangy fruit filling and then rolled up to form a log shape. Enjoy this classic French dessert with your family and friends!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup diced strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and baking powder.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the melted butter and vanilla extract to the egg mixture and mix well.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
< li >Pour the batter into a greased 9×13 inch baking pan. li >< li >Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. li >< li >Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. li >< li >To make the fruit filling, combine raspberry jam, orange juice, and diced fruit (if using) in a medium bowl. Stir until well combined. li >< li >Spread filling evenly over cooled cake. li >< li >Start at one of the short ends of the cake and roll it up like a jellyroll. li >< li >Place on serving platter with seam side down. Slice into 1 inch slices to serve. li >