This delicious buche is the perfect centerpiece for any festive meal. It features a creamy lemon and raspberry filling, surrounded by a light sponge cake and topped with a sweet meringue. The combination of tart and sweet flavors make this an irresistible dessert.
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the Filling:
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- juice of one lemon
- 1/3 cup raspberry puree or jam
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease an 11×17 inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in flour, baking powder, melted butter, and vanilla extract and mix until just combined.
< li>Spread batter evenly into prepared pan. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. li >< li >Meanwhile, prepare the filling. In a medium bowl, whip together heavy cream, powdered sugar, lemon juice, and raspberry puree until light and fluffy. li >< li >Once cake is done baking, let cool completely before spreading filling over top. Roll up from long side to create buche shape. li >< li >Place buche on a serving plate and top with meringue if desired. Serve chilled. li >