Bredala are traditional little French Christmas cookies made with hazelnuts and redcurrant jelly. They are a delicious snack that is perfect for the festive season, and they make a great gift too! This recipe will show you how to make them at home.
- 150g plain flour
- 75g caster sugar
- 75g butter
- 50g chopped hazelnuts
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 tbsps redcurrant jelly
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas mark 4.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the beaten egg, then sift in the flour and mix until combined.
- Fold in the hazelnuts.
- Shape the dough into small balls and place on a greased baking tray. Flatten slightly with your fingers.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack.
- Spread evenly over each cookie 1 teaspoon of redcurrant jelly.