This sweet and savory Bread Pudding Cake is a delicious twist on the classic French dessert. Made with stale bread, eggs, sugar, and spices, this cake is sure to please. Serve it warm for a tasty treat!
- 4 cups cubed stale bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries (optional)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine bread cubes, eggs, sugar, spices, and raisins or cranberries if using. Stir until well combined.
- Transfer mixture to a greased 8-inch baking dish.
- Pour melted butter over top of mixture and spread evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.