This traditional dish from Morocco is a delicious blend of chicken, potatoes, spices and white vinegar sauce. The potatoes are cooked until tender and the chicken is simmered in the sauce. Serve this over couscous for a complete meal.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 4 chicken thighs, skin removed and cut into pieces
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the cumin, coriander, paprika and cayenne pepper and cook for 1 minute more.
Add the chicken and potatoes to the pan and stir to combine. Pour in the vinegar and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender.
Serve with fresh parsley sprinkled on top, if desired.