This simple dish of asparagus from Alsace and hard-boiled eggs is a great way to enjoy the fresh flavors of spring. It’s a perfect side dish for any meal, or a light lunch. If you’re feeling adventurous, try adding some other herbs or spices to make it your own!
- 1 bunch asparagus from Alsace
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Trim the ends off of the asparagus and discard.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add the asparagus. Boil for 3-4 minutes until just tender.
- Drain the asparagus and rinse in cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise.
- Arrange the asparagus on a plate, top with egg slices, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.