This delicious almond and candied fruit crown is a great addition to your holiday dinner table. With a simple combination of almonds, candied fruits, and butter, this delicious cake is sure to please your whole family.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups ground almonds
- 1/3 cup candied orange peel, chopped
- 1/3 cup candied cherries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. li >< li >Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract. li >< li >Mix in the ground almonds and candied fruits. li >< li >Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. li >< li >Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. li >< li >Allow to cool completely before serving. li > ol >